The Lord said that though adversity is part of earthly life, He has overcome the world (John 16:33). And because of God’s abundant goodness, kindness, and love for His children, we don’t have to feel discouraged or walk away from His plan.
We’ll know His divine grace is working in us when we have ...
• Strength to persevere. Through the Holy Spirit, God releases His power into us so we might endure (Acts 1:8).
• A spirit of confidence. The Lord understands our troubles and urges us to approach Him boldly for help (Heb. 4:15-16).
• A sense of His presence. When grace is at work, we will be conscious of the Spirit’s abiding support.
• A focus on God. With divine help, we can shift our attention from our situation to God.
• Trust that God will bring us through—and not just barely but with deeper intimacy and greater faith at the end.
• Assurance of God’s sovereignty. We trust that He’s in control of our trials and will provide all we need in order to endure (1 Corinthians 10:13).
Paul had been through shipwrecks, imprisonments, and beatings—difficulties far worse than most of ours. He didn’t quit because he drew on God’s grace and found it sufficient for every circumstance. Whatever you are going through, God’s amazing grace is sufficient for you..